Senior Scientist Position
Turn Biotechnologies is an anti-aging company with the mission of reverting cellular, tissue and organismal age to improve age-related diseases. We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic person to join our passionate team. Together, we will develop therapeutics capable of epigenetically reprogram the aging of cells. Together, we will change the way people heal from diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Cancer, Diabetes, or Arthritis and we will contribute to the health span of elderly people. Together, we will change the way people think of aging. Turn Biotechnology was spun out from a proprietary technology developed at Stanford University in 2018, founded by Methuselah Foundation and M Fund, and has it labs in Mountain View, California.
Education and Experience
Doctoral degree with preferred 3-year working experience in Life Sciences or related fields. Post-doctoral experience and experience in running small teams and independent research programs. Experience as Director or PI preferred. Familiar with a start-up environment, needs, and requirements. Previous experience in the biotech corporate landscape preferred.
Lab responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Tissue culture including application of sterile techniques for handling primary cell cultures and immortalized cell lines
+ In vivo experimental experiences, animal handling and procedures
+ Molecular biology experience
+ Preferred, but not required, bioinformatics experience
• Independently design experiments and contribute with original ideas
• Maintain research inventory, equipment, record-keeping and administrative tasks
• Data analysis, interpretation and troubleshooting
• Assist with general lab management duties
• Participate in company meetings, communicate regularly with team members regarding project progress and experimental plans
• Be a team player
Turn Biotechnologies welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
Please submit your CV/bibliography and a short (one page max) letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.