Research Assistant Position
Turn Biotechnologies is an anti-aging company with the mission of reverting cellular, tissue and organismal age to improve age-related diseases. We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic person to join our passionate team. Together, we will develop therapeutics capable of epigenetically reprogram the aging of cells. Together, we will change the way people heal from diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Cancer, Diabetes, or Arthritis and we will contribute to the health span of elderly people. Together, we will change the way people think of aging. Turn Biotechnology was spun out from a proprietary technology developed at Stanford University in 2018, founded by Methuselah Foundation and M Fund, and has it labs in Mountain View, California.
Education and Experience
Bachelor or Master degree biotechnology, molecular biology, or cell biology, or a related field with 2+ year of laboratory experience preferably in industry.
Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques, including mammalian tissue culture, histology, and preferred but not required live animal experiments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Execute experimental research protocols involving mammalian cells, cell culture, and histology.
• Assist with the development of new experimental protocol.
• Organize and maintain equipment, supplies and reagents.
• Maintain detailed, accurate and up-to-date lab records.
• Work collaboratively on projects while driving individual contributions with minimal oversight.
• Communicate and present results the research team.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
• Physical: lifting up to 20 lbs occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc.
• Environmental: exposure to wet lab environment, blood borne pathogens, and toxic or caustic chemical or reagents
• Work location: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Please submit your CV/bibliography and a short (one page max) letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.