Grant Manager Position
Turn Biotechnologies is an anti-aging company with the mission of reverting cellular, tissue and organismal age to improve age-related diseases. We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic person to join our passionate team. Together, we will develop therapeutics capable of epigenetically reprogram the aging of cells. Together, we will change the way people heal from diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Cancer, Diabetes, or Arthritis and we will contribute to the health span of elderly people. Together, we will change the way people think of aging. Turn Biotechnology was spun out from a proprietary technology developed at Stanford University in 2018, funded by Methuselah Foundation and M Fund, and has it labs in Mountain View, California.
Expectations and Responsibilities
We are looking to hire a dedicated Grant Manager to search for and connect to funding opportunities, write competitive grant proposals, and arrange compliance documents for our organization. You will seek out new calls for applications and craft coherent, organized and compelling applications working closely with our science team to gain the necessary background, perspective and objectives. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write compellingly and be technically precise and concise, have proficient knowledge of the funding landscape, in both government and private foundation supported initiatives, and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
• Developing relationships and connections with key funding sources for non-dilatable funding.
• Seeking out new funding opportunities and initiatives.
• Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s science and programs.
• Assisting with the execution of development the department's fundraising strategy.
• Writing, submitting and managing competitive grant proposals.
• Compiling compliance documents to furnish current and future applications
• Collaborating with Executives to compile an annual report.
• Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
• PhD in biosciences, scientific writing or similar fields.
• Proven track record. 2+ years of grant writing experience.
• Ideally, familiar with NIH, NSF, DOD and other grant application system
• Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals and scientific milestones.
• Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
• Ability to grasp and convey new biological concepts in the fields of cell therapy, epigenetics, aging and age-related disease.
• Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong people skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Please submit your CV/bibliography and a short (one page max) letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.